Summer Holiday Courses
Looking for something different for your children to do over the Summer holidays? Why not book them on our Scuba Diving course so they can experience the underwater world! A great activity and life time skill/qualification to have.
PADI Open Water Course
If you want to learn to scuba dive, take a PADI Junior Open Water Diver course, the most widely recognised and respected diving certification in the world.
Within a few days, you can be enjoying the underwater world.
As a certified PADI Junior Open Water Diver, you’ll have the freedom to dive with a buddy in this country or abroad.
If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
So what are you waiting for? …Learn to dive today!
PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Experience the real adventure of Scuba Diving with the PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver Course. You will expand on your diving knowledge and skills by trying some of diving’s most rewarding and exciting speciality areas such as the 2 core dives in Deep diving and Navigation diving.
You will upgrade your depth rating with the PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver course to 21 metres and gain access to some of the world’s best wrecks and reefs.
Continuing the adventure is one of the best moves you can make.
You will upgrade your depth rating with the Advanced course. There is no classroom content – just two days of diving.
The PADI Junior Advanced Open Water program has some great benefits in helping you to develop your diving skills:
By going beyond Open Water Diver, you will:
- Learn additional skills specific to your interests
- Be more confident in and around the water
- Acquire a better understanding of the aquatic world
- Divers under 15 are restricted to 21 metres.
- A PADI Junior Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- The Junior Open Water course structure is essentially the same as for the adult course
- You’ll learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques.
- You’ll earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water dives.
- The course is split into two parts. The first 2 days of pool and theory take place at Andark, (or Home Study – see calendar details below), and the final two days for the 4 qualifying dives are at a suitable (and safe) open water training site. (See calendar details below for the various ways that you can complete these two parts)
Course Dates for PADI Open Water Course
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Monday 29th May 2017||Tuesday 30th May 2017||Wednesday 31st May 2017||Thursday 1st June 2017|
|Monday 10th July 2017||Tuesday 11th July 2017||Wednesday 12th July 2017||Thursday 13th July 2017|
|Thursday 20th July 2017||Friday 21st July 2017||Saturday 22nd July 2017||Sunday 23rd July 2017|
|Monday 24th July 2017||Tuesday 25th July 2017||Wednesday 26th July 2017||Thursday 27th July 2017|
|Monday 31st July 2017||Tuesday 1st August 2017||Wednesday 2nd August 2017||Thursday 3rd August 2017|
|Monday 7th August 2017||Tuesday 8th August 2017||Wednesday 9th August 2017||Thursday 10th August 2017|
|Monday 14th August 2017||Tuesday 15th August 2017||Wednesday 16th August 2017||Thursday 17th August 2017|
|Monday 21st August 2017||Tuesday 22nd August 2017||Wednesday 23rd August 2017||Thursday 24th August 2017|
|Tuesday 29th August 2017||Wednesday 30th August 2017||Thursday 31st August 2017||Friday 1st September 2017|
|Monday 23rd October 2017||Tuesday 24th October 2017||Wednesday 25th October 2017||Thursday 26th October 2017|
Course Dates for PADI Advanced Open Water Course
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Wednesday 31st May 2017||Thursday 1st June 2017|
|Thursday 27th July 2017||Friday 28th July 2017|
|Wednesday 9th August 2017||Thursday 10th August 2017|
|Wednesday 23rd August 2017||Thursday 24th August 2017|
Open Water Diver Manual or Advanced Manual
- Blue PADI logbook including training record
- Life time certification
Use of all the expensive scuba equipment (suit, weights, cylinders, BCD and regulator)
What's not included?
Transport to dive sites
Dive site fees, typically start at £16 per day at Vobster Quay, Frome
Andark Lake Entry fee is £12 per day
Basic equipment for Open Water dives: mask, snorkel, fins and boots (gloves from October to May)
- There is a great selection of equipment to purchase at preferential rates for all Andark Students. View our range here.
How to book
Simply phone to book your place then download and complete the PDF document to bring with you.