Summer Holiday Courses
Looking for something different for your children to do over the Summer holidays? Why not book them on our Scuba Diving course so they can experience the underwater world! A great activity and life time skill/qualification to have.
PADI Open Water Course
If you want to learn to scuba dive, take a PADI Junior Open Water Diver course, the most widely recognised and respected diving certification in the world.
Within a few days, you can be enjoying the underwater world.
As a certified PADI Junior Open Water Diver, you’ll have the freedom to dive with a buddy in this country or abroad.
If you already tried a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience or are PADI Scuba Diver certified, check with your instructor to see how credit from these courses may apply to the open water program.
So what are you waiting for? …Learn to dive today!
PADI Advanced Open Water Course
Experience the real adventure of Scuba Diving with the PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver Course. You will expand on your diving knowledge and skills by trying some of diving’s most rewarding and exciting speciality areas such as the 2 core dives in Deep diving and Navigation diving.
You will upgrade your depth rating with the PADI Junior Advanced Open Water Diver course to 21 metres and gain access to some of the world’s best wrecks and reefs.
Continuing the adventure is one of the best moves you can make.
You will upgrade your depth rating with the Advanced course. There is no classroom content – just two days of diving.
The PADI Junior Advanced Open Water program has some great benefits in helping you to develop your diving skills:
By going beyond Open Water Diver, you will:
- Learn additional skills specific to your interests
- Be more confident in and around the water
- Acquire a better understanding of the aquatic world
- Divers under 15 are restricted to 21 metres.
- A PADI Junior Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 11 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or certified guardian to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- The Junior Open Water course structure is essentially the same as for the adult course
- You’ll learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques.
- You’ll earn this rating by completing five pool dives and knowledge development sessions and by making four open water dives.
- The course is split into two parts. The first 2 days of pool and theory take place at Andark, (or Home Study – see calendar details below), and the final two days for the 4 qualifying dives are at a suitable (and safe) open water training site. (See calendar details below for the various ways that you can complete these two parts)
Course Dates for PADI Open Water Course
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Monday 22nd October||Tuesday 23rd October||Wednesday 24th October||Thursday 25th October|
Course Dates for PADI Advanced Open Water Course
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Thursday 25th October||Friday 26th October|
Open Water Diver Manual or Advanced Manual
- Blue PADI logbook including training record
- Life time certification
Use of all the expensive scuba equipment (suit, weights, cylinders, BCD and regulator)
What's not included?
Transport to dive sites
Dive site fees, typically start at £16 per day at Vobster Quay, Frome
Andark Lake Entry fee is £12 per day
Basic equipment for Open Water dives: mask, snorkel, fins and boots (gloves from October to May)
- There is a great selection of equipment to purchase at preferential rates for all Andark Students. View our range here.
How to book
Simply phone to book your place then download and complete the PDF document to bring with you.