Scubapro MK17/G260 DIN
The Scubapro MK17/G260 DIN is Scubapro’s premium high performance balanced diaphragm first stage. Engineered specifically for cold water and harsh environments, its internal components are completely sealed off from the elements so neither water nor pollution can get inside the chrome plated marine grade brass body to foul the mechanism. This total sealing system also allows for a dry ambient pressure chamber which works to prevent freezing, provides better protection and improves performance, ensuring trouble-free operation no matter how cold or murky the water gets.
The venerable G260 is the most imitated air balanced second stage design of all time. First introduced in 1986 as the G250, it was the first regulator too introduce an adjustable venturi intialed vacuum assist. Today’s modern version features metal components for excellent cold-water performance. It also offers a left- right hose attachment option, making it a greater choice for technical diving configurations.
MK 17 First Stage
- Air balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure or breathing rate.
- Environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism.
- Compact design features a smaller ambient pressure chamber and spring, although the bulletproof inner parts remain the same.
- Dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance, ensuring consistent airflow in the coldest conditions.
- Substantial increase in airflow
- Two high pressure and four high-flow ports maximize air delivery and hose routing options.
- High-flow performance is available from all four LP ports which are configured for optimum hose routing.
- Weight 850g
G260 Second Stage
- Nylon fibreglass design features Scubapro’s second largest stage casing and diaphragm for the ultimate breathing sensitivity, regardless of position in the water.
- Anodized aluminium front cover ring adds resistance without adding weight.
- Metal components provide increased resistance to freezing when diving in extreme conditions.
- High-flow exhaust valve reduces exhalation for better overall breathing comfort.
- Air- balanced valve smoothes out the effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- A diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob fine tunes air delivery to suit changing depths, water conditions and personal preference.
- Venturei Initiaated Vacuum Assist dive/pre dive switch prevents free flows in cold water or when used as an octopus.
- Reversible hose attachment allows allows you to easily adjust hose routing for technical diving configurations.
- Super flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air flow on each inhalation.
- Ultra comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip and does not inhibit airflow.
- Weight 275g