Provides the skills and background knowledge needed by the competent powerboat driver and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence.
- No prerequisite qualifying courses needed. May be preceded by RYA Powerboat Level 1
- Minimum age is 12 years old (Under 16s will be issued with an endorsed certificate).
The two day course covers all you need to know for self-sufficient power boating at a basic level. The course includes launching, mooring, anchoring and recovery plus all the boat driving skills required for basic competence in a powerboat. Planing manoeuvers, man overboard, the use of GPS, as well as coastal navigation, tides and weather are all included.
After completing the course you will be self-sufficient in handling a powerboat in the right conditions, aware of your own limitations and those of your craft.
You may be able to apply to the RYA for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) after completing this course*. This costs £50.00, or free to RYA members, and is valid for 5 years.
Andark can also offer the unique opportunity to get a PADI Distinctive Specialty as a PADI Boat Handler.
* Some restrictions may apply if you are not a UK resident, for more information visit the RYA website.
|Day 1||Day 2|
£299 per person
Price includes buoyancy aids, basic wet weather protection if required, log book and fuel.
How is the course run?
- All courses run from 9am to 5:30pm (approximately)
- Maximum number of people per course is 3
- Andark supports equal opportunities, and if you have any special requirements, please contact us.
How to book
Booking a course with Andark couldn’t be more straight forward, there are three simple steps to follow:
- Phone us to check the availability of the course that you have chosen, and the dates you wish to attend.
- Download and complete the booking form, and return to us by post, or email.
Please click on the icons on the right to download a PDF copy of our booking and medical declaration forms.