FIRST AID AT WORK
People at work can suffer injury or sudden illness. It is important that employers have made arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
The Emergency First Response First Aid at Work course is an approved first aid course for the purpose of meeting the First Aid Regulations 1981. This programme meets the statutory needs of employers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland needing at least one First Aider on the premises.
We teach participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary and secondary care, including modules on caring for Specific Illnesses and Injuries related to the workplace, through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to ensure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise. It is followed by an assessment at the end of the course. The qualification is valid for 3 years.
- Minimum age – 16 years old.
The Responsibilities of a First Aider
Helping others in need
Recognising life-threatening problems
CPR and AED use
Serious bleeding management
Spinal injury management
Injury and Illness assessment
Bleeding and Wounds
Bandaging and splinting
Strains and Sprains
Temperature Related Injuries
Muscle and Joint Injuries
Fitting and Epilepsy
- All Andark days run from 9am to 5:30pm (approximately) and Open Water days start from Andark at 8am and finish 5pm most times
- A minimum of 3 people is required for a course to run, unless otherwise stated.
- Personal tuition may be available, ask for details and prices. Group booking discounts are also available. Andark supports equal opportunities – if you have any special requirements, please get in touch with us. The IAHD Course for the Disabled is now available – please contact us.
Booking a course with Andark couldn’t be more straight forward, there are three simple steps to follow:
- Phone us to check the availibility of the course that you have chosen, and the dates you wish to attend.
- Download and complete the booking form, and return to us by post.
- Download and complete the medical declaration form, and return to us by post.
Please click on the icons on the right to download a PDF copy of our booking and medical declaration forms.
Download our Medical form.
This must be filled in and returned before taking part in the DSD session.
Three day course
Qualification valid for 3 years
COURSE DATES AVAILABLE
|Day1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Monday 28th June||Tuesday 29th June||Wednesday 30th June|
Call us on 01489 581755 to discuss bookings.
WHY IT'S GREAT TO SHOP WITH ANDARK
We strive to give excellent customer service
Free Mainland UK delivery
with orders over £50
Over 40 years of experience and knowledge
Make PayPal Payments
Safe and fast checkout with PayPal