PADI DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP
First step to becoming a professional
Take the first step in your dive career and become a Professional PADI Divemaster.
PADI Divemaster training develops your diving theory and skills to instructor level and hones your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
The PADI Divemaster Internship is a practical alternative to gaining your PADI Divemaster qualification, is performance-based and you will need to meet set criteria to pass.
As a qualified PADI Divemaster you will be able to work in the dive industry as a certified assistant, as a dive guide anywhere in the world and conduct and teach a variety of PADI programs, check out PADI.com
PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organisation
PADI diver’s medical signed by a physician within the last 12 months. To work in the UK you will need an HSE diving medical
Minimum 40 logged dives – (60 for certification)
EFR Primary and Secondary Care (or equivalent) within 24 months
Proof of experience in night, deep and navigation diving
Pre-study course manuals and fill in review sections
Have good personal diving and buoyancy skills
Be able to swim 400 metres and float for 15 minutes both unaided, snorkel 800 metres and tow a diver for 100 metres, all within time limits
Minimum age 18 years old
HOW IS THE COURSE RUN
1 Day introduction and orientation
The course is then structured to meet your availability and involves working with instructors and their students within the dive centre. There is no set time limit and the course goes at your own pace.
The Divemaster Crewpak comes in a PADI briefcase and includes the Divemaster manual, the Encyclopaedia and Knowledge Workbook, Divemaster slates, and Instructor outlines for Divemaster Conducted Programs
Also you could apply for our Andark Divemaster Scholarship
- PADI Divemaster certification and membership fees, payable to PADI
- You will need your own full set of diving equipment including cylinder
- Instructor manual
- eRDP-ML and RDP Tables
- Transport to dive sites
- Dive site fees, £12 per day at Andark lake £16 per day at Vobster Quay, Frome
- All the professional courses have strict pre-requisite and qualifying criteria – some information is included here, but you will need to check out the detail on the PADI website, and also ask us for a copy of our Divemaster/Instructor Course information sheet.
- All the pro courses require that you have a full in-date (within 12 months) diving medical before starting the course, and if you wish to work in the UK you will also need an HSE medical, in-date (24 months) CPR and First Aid qualification (Emergency First Response), and all your log books and qualifications.
- You will need your own set of scuba equipment
- Manual and training materials are required
- All professional courses have membership fees, and some also have exam fees payable to PADI direct.
WHY IT'S GREAT TO SHOP WITH ANDARK
We strive to give excellent customer service
Free Mainland UK delivery
with orders over £50
Over 40 years of experience and knowledge
Make PayPal Payments
Safe and fast checkout with PayPal