This SPATA regulated and HSE approved qualification is designed to allow diving to take place in swimming pools, reducing the need for a commercial diving team.
Pool engineers are allowed to dive and work to a maximum depth of 4 metres, provided they are always in a clear line of sight, and that they carry out work and maintenance no more complex than that requiring hand tools.
The qualification can only be used as ‘part’ of the job, and not solely as a diver.
- Minimum age is 18 years old
- 2 day course, including qualification as a Supervisor.
Prerequisite qualifying courses
- PADI Rescue Diver certificate or equivalent
- HSE Divers medical certificate
- First Aid and CPR qualified, current within 24 months
- Competent within pools and their environment – ISPE/SPATA
Please contact us for availability.
£450 per person
How is the course run?
If you are not yet qualified to the level required, but hold a diving qualification, you can still participate in the course. The qualification will be issued on completion of your rescue training. The maximum time for this deferral is 12 months from completion of the engineer’s course.
How to book
Booking a course with Andark couldn’t be more straight forward, there are three simple steps to follow:
- Phone us to check the availibility of the course that you have chosen, and the dates you wish to attend.
- Download and complete the booking form, and return to us by post.
- Download and complete the medical declaration form, and return to us by post.
Please click on the icons on the right to download a PDF copy of our booking and medical declaration forms.