The PADI IDC Staff Instructor program is designed to provide PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainers with the additional training necessary to staff PADI Instructor Development courses. This Course builds upon your experience and abilities as a dive educator while concentrating on developing evaluation and counselling skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and guided evaluation training you’ll learn to teach the PADI Assistant Instructor program and assist with PADI Instructor Development Courses.
You have two options for completing your IDC Staff Instructor Course;
- Option A – 9 Days: Start two days before a scheduled IDC to complete the pre-requisites for Staff Instructor and then audit all areas of the IDC Program alongside our IDC Candidates. The benefit of completing the course this way is that you get hands-on experience with our IDC Candidates.
- Option B – IDCS Express – 3 Days: This option is a convenient shorter version of the IDC Staff course. You still complete all of the pre-requisites for IDC Staff Instructor but instead of auditing a full IDC Program you micro-teach parts of the presentations that form the Assistant Instructor course.
Why not complete the IDCS Express Course before a scheduled IDC Program, then actually audit a full IDC as a qualified IDC Staff Instructor and receive your first credit towards the PADI Master Instructor rating!
- In date PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- PADI diver’s medical signed by a physician within the last 12 months. To work in the UK you will need an HSE divers medical
- Minimum age 18 years old
Dates to follow
Price: £815.00 manuals included
What's not included?
- Dive site fees, £16 per day at Vobster Quay, Frome and £12 per day Andark Lake
- Scuba equipment
General notes on all PADI Professional Courses
- All the professional courses have strict pre-requisite and qualifying criteria – some information is included here, but you will need to check out the detail on the PADI website, and also ask us for a copy of our Divemaster/Instructor Course information sheet.
- All the pro courses require that you have a full in-date (within 12 months) diving medical before starting the course, and if you wish to work in the UK you will also need an HSE medical, in-date (24 months) CPR and First Aid qualification (Emergency First Response), and all your log books and qualifications.
- You will need your own set of scuba equipment
- Manual and training materials are required
- All professional courses have membership fees, and some also have exam fees payable to PADI direct.