Learn to dive with Andark Diving, we’ve been training divers since 1976 and have unrivalled facilities and highly experienced staff waiting to take you on your first dive adventure.
You’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, to experience adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it begins. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most renowned and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the underwater world through this course.
Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water certification. The four day course results in a lifetime certification, recognised all over the world. As an Open Water diver you’ll have the freedom to dive with a buddy independently of a diving professional.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three phases:
Knowledge Development ( home study / online, independent study with a review in the classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving theory
Confined water dives in Andark’s Indoor Heated Pool to learn basic scuba skills
Open Water Dives, in our purpose built Lake, to use your skills and explore!
So what are you waiting for? Learn to dive today!
- A spare four days (either together or over a couple of weekends, ideally consecutively but not essential )
- To be able to swim and float
- To have read the book, watched the DVD and completed the knowledge reviews
- To be at least 15 years old (otherwise you can do the junior course)
Upgrade to include Drysuit Specialty (including manual):
How do I do it?
Four consecutive days
4 days over 2 Weekends
Personal Tuition and Evenings over 6 week period (call to speak to our staff)
Whether you’re on the go, or just want to take it slow, now you can complete the academic portions.
of the PADI Open Water Diver course online with PADI eLearning. Anywhere, Anytime.
Online learning with PADI elearning, is possible through us this only covers your online web-based theory, our PADI centre number is S-2296. After completing the elearning you go on to do the confined Open Water sessions (pool training). These are run over 2 half days, before your 4 open water dives (over 2 days).
Cost of elearning pack is as follows; Course Price: £385.00 + elearning Pack: £113.00 brought either through us or from the link below.
Buy your PADI elearning Package HERE , and start today!
- 2 days of Classroom and Pool sessions full kit hire included (in our on site heated pool)
- 4 open water dives over 2 days usually at Andark Lake
- Kit hire included for Open Water dives; suit, cylinder, free air, regulators and gauges, BCD, weights and dive computer.
- Free onsite car parking
- Free teas and coffee’s during classroom sessions
- PADI Crewpak includes O/W DVD , O/W Manual, Blue Padi Log book comes in Blue Padi Document Bag (worth RRP £61.75 included in course price)
- Recreational Dive Planner – so you plan your dives
- PADI certification – lasts a Lifetime
- Use of all the expensive scuba diving equipment (suit, weights, cylinders, BCD and regulator)
- There is a great selection of equipment to purchase at preferential rates for all Andark Students. View our range here.
What's not included?
£10 per day Andark lake entry fee (2 days)
We like you to have your own mask, snorkel, boots and fins for the 2 Open Water days (we have special student packs instore and your instructor or our shop staff will help you choose during your classroom and pool days).
Purchase of gloves in cold weather might needed!
There are various upgrade packages available (like Drysuit Diver) speak to our staff for more details.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Saturday 18th November||Sunday 19th November||Saturday 25th November||Sunday 26th November|
|Saturday 25th November||Sunday 26th November||Saturday 2nd December||Sunday 3rd December|
|Saturday 2nd December||Sunday 3rd December||Saturday 9th December||Sunday 10th December|
|Thursday 7th December||Friday 8th December||Saturday 9th December||Sunday 10th December|
|Saturday 9th December||Sunday 10th December||Saturday 16th December||Sunday 17th December|
|Monday 18th December||Tuesday 19th December||Friday 29th December||Saturday 30th December|
How to book
Simply phone to book your place then download and complete the PDF document to bring with you.