PADI INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPEMENT COURSE
The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) is an 9 day program combining the 4 day PADI Assistant Instructor Course and the 4 day PADI Open Water Instructor Course. We believe we offer one of the finest Instructor training programs available today. Our IDC provides a professional learning experience in which you will learn how to teach diving utilizing the most successful program in existence. Not only will you learn how to teach in the classroom, pool and open water environments, you will also learn how to effectively use all PADI’s teaching aids and support materials. The philosophy behind our IDC is that it is ‘Candidate Centred’.
The objective of the Instructor Development program is to prepare you to become a PADI Open Water Instructor. The program involves a varied curriculum of presentations, confined and open water workshops, discussions and Candidate teaching presentations.
The course focuses on educational methodology and develops Candidates’ teaching abilities in the classroom, pool and open water as well as elaborating on business principles within the Dive Industry and prepares Candidates for the Instructor Examination and “real world” teaching.
Upon successful completion of your OWSI course you will need to attend a 2 day PADI Instructor Examination, IE, run by PADI to receive your qualification.
PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another training organisation.
Been a certified diver for at least 6 months
PADI diver’s medical signed by a physician within the last 12 months. To work in the UK you will need an HSE divers medical
Minimum 60 logged dives to enrol on the IDC
Minimum 100 logged dives to enrol on to the IE
Proof of experience in night, deep and navigation diving.
Pre-study course manuals and fill in review sections
Have good personal diving and buoyancy skills
Be able to snorkel 800 metres
Minimum age 18 years old
HOW IS THE COURSE RUN
On-line pre-study from PADI
Split week ends
- Instructor course crew-pak
- Instructor Development Application fee payable to PADI
- Instructor Exam fees payable to PADI
- Transport to dive sites
- Dive site fees, £19 per day at Vobster Quay, Frome and £12 per day Andark Lake
- Scuba equipment
- All the professional courses have strict pre-requisite and qualifying criteria – some information is included here, but you will need to check out the detail on the PADI website, and also ask us for a copy of our Divemaster/Instructor Course information sheet.
- All the pro courses require that you have a full in-date (within 12 months) diving medical before starting the course, and if you wish to work in the UK you will also need an HSE medical, in-date (24 months) CPR and First Aid qualification (Emergency First Response), and all your log books and qualifications.
- You will need your own set of scuba equipment
- Manual and training materials are required
- All professional courses have membership fees, and some also have exam fees payable to PADI direct.
Download our Medical form.
This must be filled in and returned before taking part in the DSD session.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here to download a free copy.
includes IDC crew pack
COURSE DATES AVAILABLE
|2022 coming soon|
Call us on 01489 581755 to discuss bookings.
WHY IT'S GREAT TO SHOP WITH ANDARK
We strive to give excellent customer service
Free Mainland UK delivery
with orders over £50
Over 40 years of experience and knowledge
Make PayPal Payments
Safe and fast checkout with PayPal